Why You actually need (A) Bitcoin

Home Forums Trading Software Why You actually need (A) Bitcoin

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bretwallin
    Participant

<br> Certainly, Bitcoin has taught me that with Square, and we’re doing everything in our power to do that. But we wanted to make sure that we’re thinking about this in the correct way and that we’re reaching out to the right folks in the community to build it. It’s coming. This vision to stream money to people that you care about, in a way that the government cannot stop, I know that’s what Laura wants, and that’s what you all want where you are upset with Twitter. Maybe you’re following what Marty and Matt are doing, and you can go into a “tribe” on Sphinx and you can stream them censorship-resistant private money on Lightning and nobody can stop you. Well guess what, it’s coming, and nobody can stop it. And I just sent a bearer asset around the world and nobody could stop me. That’s a bearer asset that has just moved instantly around the world. Because it must be such a struggle to watch the entire world criticize everything you do and I think that’s fair. Needless to say as globalization contributes to economic growth in developing country through increased specialization and the principle of comparative advantage, BTC is also playing important role in the entire affair as it is truly a global <br>e<br>.
    I will say – it is the wild west right now – no regulations, a lot of unknowns. By extricating these entities, some say that Bitcoin returns power to the people. People are more interested to buy these bitcoins rather than fiat currencies as they are more financial benefits over every bitcoin mined as well as the market price is rising as well. Due to its limited supply, some investors are considering Bitcoin as a store of value or a digital form of gold. They chose the year for their birthday of 1973 which is when gold was made available for the American people again. Our friend Jack Mallers has created a company called Strike, with a lot of help from a lot of other people – an amazing Bitcoin company – and he started a campaign recently to help Bitcoin development. And we’re trying to do the same thing with Twitter, by creating a new platform, a new open-source standard called Blue Sky, we’re just s<br>i<br>it.
    So when we talk about Bitcoin and Lightning, if we’re going to build it the right way, it has to be non-custodial. Do you want to talk about your vision for non-custodial Bitcoin use? A: I think that non-custodial use of Bitcoin is so important. It’s through Bitcoin. I just want to underline why I think Jack is so persistent in this. We want to build it in collaboration with simply click the up coming webpage community. So again we get back to this conflict about how are we going to build social media and communicate with each other without censorship and surveillance? Primarily, people prefer to sit on their (increasingly valuable) money rather than spend it and have no interest in borrowing money since they’ll have to pay it back with dollars worth more than the dollars they were lent. J: Again it goes back to the currency. Rather than relying on trusted third parties, Bitcoin offers “an electronic payment system based on cryptographic proof.” Using a peer-to-peer network to verify time-stamped transactions on a blockchain, Bitcoin creates an altogether new type of currency-along with an immutable record of transactions to allow truly secure online payments in that currency. A: When you look at something like Lightning, it’s not just a payments network, it can also be a censorship-resistant social <br>a<br>atform.
    I’m going to copy that Lightning invoice, I’m going to go to my Muun wallet – created by an awesome team in Argentina – and I’m going to send that Bitcoin right now and it’s going to go and it’s gone. I know you’re saying “liar.” I’m going to prove it to you. I know there’s a lot of you out there who disagree with our policies and the way we have evolved them. For them, Bitcoin is a protest, a lifeline and a way out. There’s folks out there building stuff like Sphinx. J: Yeah we’re considering building a non-custodial hardware wallet. Square Crypto and Steve and team and Matt have been focused on making sure that any wallet can easily turn on Lightning and to make this accessible to everyone. There is more to a public wallet address than just the address itself. At that point, determine to which Bitcoin address your obtained cryptocurrency will be sent. Also, you have to include the public <br>ess of the recipient.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
X