Nine Amazing Tricks To Get The Most Out Of Your Bitcoin

Home Forums Playbook Nine Amazing Tricks To Get The Most Out Of Your Bitcoin

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    hesterdurack7
    Participant

<br> This week’s newsletter describes a discussion about rescuing lost LN funding transactions and includes our regular sections with announcements of releases, release candidates, and notable changes to popular Bitcoin infrastructure software. This week’s newsletter describes the results of discussion about choosing activation parameters for a taproot soft fork and includes our regular sections with selected questions and answers from the Bitcoin Stack Exchange, releases and release candidates, and notable changes to popular Bitcoin infrastructure software. Mike Schmidt: And those techniques that you mentioned, is that the boomerang and the spear that we mentioned in the newsletter? Mike Schmidt: Yeah, I think it’s probably good to jump into the second news item, then we can continue some of this discussion. Mike Schmidt: You mentioned in your outline of the current way that closing is done that there was a tweak to make it down to one-and-a-half rounds of exchange, I believe. Mike Schmidt: Well, it’s great to have some Lightning expertise for this newsletter, that’s for sure. Mike Schmidt: Okay, so each side gets a chance to propose and while you’re doing that communication, you’re also taking advantage of that interactivity point to also exchange nonces? While it waited for the transaction to be sent, it might have received announcements of the same transaction from its other peers<br>p>
    So, since we all want to move to taproot, and this was one of the blocking points for taproot, that we didn’t have a good way of closing taproot channels and exchanging the nonce securely beforehand, I think everyone will just implement that version. So in the end, you have two transactions that are negotiated with just one request and response, one where the initiator is paying the fee, one where the non-initiator is paying the fee, and each of them chose the fee they are ready to pay. I have my own opinions about penalties and channels, and everyone has their own opinion, right? That’s why we’re not doing that right now, and that’s why most people will just keep announcing the output that really corresponds to the channel so that when it gets spent, people actually notice it and can remove it from that graph and know that they cannot route through that channel anymore. Mark Erhardt: I really like that the person that wants to close the channel now has to pay for it, because it always baffled me that the person that started the channel also had to pay the cl<br>g<br>e.
    Mark Erhardt: Yeah, with the simple variant where you do two or three times more, wouldn’t that be sort of a jamming vector? Greg Sanders: Well, they can all be jamming vectors, it depends. 2161 adds a small Python library and framework that can be used for writing plugins. So for fast jamming, paying upfront fees all the time, whenever you send an HTLC, even if it’s going to fail, you pay a small fee, a fixed upfront fee. It’s been, most of the time, with only the fee that it pays, it’s going to be confirmed in the next week or two weeks or so. And that’s consensus change, and people working on spec details aren’t going to spend a lot of time lobbying for consensus changes, because they’re understandable. So, by requiring a 0 CSV, you do force replaceability even though there is no wait time, because a wait time of 0 means that it can be included in the same block. And on the other hand, how do you make sure that the same UTXO is not reused for the announcement; and what happens if that<br>O<br>ts spent?
    So, making sure that you are actually pinning it and getting more value out of the attack than what you paid to actually make the pinning work is probably quite hard today, especially with the state of the mempool. visit this page PR has been tagged for backport to 0.17.1 whenever work on that should start. It’s sort of like how Bitcoin nodes all do their individual check of the blockchain and enforce all of the rules locally, because they have absolutely no reason to trust another peer that that peer did the work and is truthfully reporting the data to them, instead of just doing it themselves locally. Do you have more to add here on route boost? ” I’ve always thought of route hints as being used when, if I’m a recipient of a payment and I’m using unannounced or private channels, that I would provide some additional information to a sender so they know how to route to me. ● How do light clients using compact block filters get relevant unconfirmed transactions? ● Following the best block chain is a major challenge for full nodes and lightweight clients on anonymity networks. ● Why are ther<br> native segwit versions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
X